About the company
At Swift Solar, we’re building the future of solar. With our core technologies from Stanford, MIT, and NREL, we make better solar panels—lightweight, flexible, more efficient, and more affordable—so solar energy can do more to improve lives and fight climate change.
Swift Solar is a mission-focused startup funded by committed investors. We know it’s a long journey to take a new clean energy technology to market, and we’re in it for the long haul together. If you join us, you’ll play a meaningful role in taking Swift’s impact to the next level.
A day in the life
As Office Manager at Swift, you’ll help us build a fun, inclusive work environment and keep the company running smoothly and efficiently. You will be responsible for managing the office facilities, planning company events, developing internal policies and systems, assisting with the hiring process, and supporting the team in day-to-day operations.
On a typical day, you might plan a team outing, greet a visiting investor, call a vendor to coordinate the delivery of lab equipment, schedule a customer meeting and several onsite interviews, lead a required building inspection with our landlord, coordinate catering for an upcoming event, process reimbursement requests, and send out purchase orders for lab supplies. If you have experience with company operations—or an interest in learning—you will work closely with the CEO to manage Swift’s finances, design and implement HR policies, and develop internal systems that can scale with us as we grow.
As an early hire, you’ll help craft Swift’s culture. You’ll interact with every part of the company. You will find many opportunities to grow your own skills, capabilities, and responsibilities, and we encourage you to take full advantage of them.
You might be a good fit if you…
- Think of yourself as trustworthy and kind—and self-aware
- Are responsible and super organized—yet creative, adaptable, and resourceful
- Are friendly, approachable, and outgoing—yet tactful
- Can communicate and work effectively with all kinds of people
- Take initiative to solve problems you see around you, even if it’s not your job
- Like learning how to use new cloud-based software and online tools
- Can write and speak English effectively
A very strong candidate can teach or quickly learn…
- How to build a tight-knit and inclusive community
- Best practices for HR/people ops
- Basic principles of accounting and financial management
- How to make an awesome spreadsheet in Google Sheets or Excel
- How to use G Suite, QuickBooks, Bill.com, Gusto, Expensify, and other similar tools
- How to manage federal grant proposals and administration
- Why solving climate change is an urgent and critical challenge
- Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, and equity package
- Ideal start date: January – March 2020
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Swift Solar HQ)
- Work authorization: U.S. required
What you’ll love about Swift
- Culture: We live by our values. You’ll feel right at home if you want to serve the future, get better every day, respect your colleagues, and have fun.
- Health benefits: We cover most medical, dental, and vision insurance costs for you and your family.
- Your future, supported: We match your 401(k) retirement contributions.
- Clean commuter benefits: We’re all about clean energy. We make it easy and cheap to ride your bike or take public transit to work.
- Growth mindset: You’ll grow your skills, your network, and your perspective at Swift. We’ll support you in attending conferences and taking online courses, as long as you share your new insights with the team.
Apply for this job here
Swift is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive work environment and welcome team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Even if this isn’t the right job for you, we’re always looking for good people. Please check out other career opportunities on our website and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. And if you have a friend who would be a perfect fit, send them this link. Thanks!