About the company
At Swift Solar, we’re building the future of solar. With our core technologies from Stanford, MIT, and NREL, we make better solar panels—lightweight, flexible, more efficient, and more affordable—so solar energy can do more to improve lives and fight climate change.
Swift Solar is a mission-focused startup funded by committed investors. We know it’s a long journey to take a new clean energy technology to market, and we’re in it for the long haul together. If you join us, you’ll play a meaningful role in taking Swift’s impact to the next level.
A day in the life
As Talent Lead at Swift, you’ll help us build a world-class team of kind, hard-working, climate-motivated people. Your main responsibility will be managing the full hiring process—role and needs definition, sourcing, interviewing, closing, and onboarding. You’ll continuously find ways to improve Swift’s recruiting funnel, implement changes, and track the impact on hiring outcomes. You will also help design and improve people ops processes and policies, support and coach managers, and support operations as needed.
On a typical day, you might develop a recruiting plan for a new role, do some reference checks, get feedback from a hiring manager on new candidate profiles, screen candidates, and schedule onsite interviews. You might also help organize a team outing, brainstorm ways to improve the work experience at Swift, design a survey to assess team member engagement, and coach a new manager through a difficult conversation.
As an early hire, you’ll help craft Swift’s culture. In this role you’ll be interacting with every part of the company, which will naturally lead to many opportunities to grow your own skills and responsibilities. We encourage you to take full advantage of these opportunities.
You might be a good fit if you…
- Have 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience (from sourcing to closing)
- Feel comfortable training others in how to screen and interview candidates
- Value, understand, and prioritize DEI considerations in hiring
- Are deeply motivated to make an impact on climate change
- Take initiative to tackle problems you see around you, even if it’s not your job
- Consider yourself to be kind, conscientious, empathetic, caring, and tactful
- Love feedback and make a conscious effort to be growth-minded and coachable
- Are organized and tech-savvy (super comfortable with G Suite, Airtable, and new software platforms)
A strong candidate might bring one or more of the following…
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Experience with sourcing and interviewing technical candidates (e.g., R&D scientists, hardware and software engineers, product designers, manufacturing technicians)
- 1+ years of experience in a people operations or related role
- Operating experience in a startup setting
- Effective writing and presentation skills
- Appreciation for business strategy and excitement to learn more
- Experience with organizing awesome offsite strategy sessions
- Comfort with navigating difficult conversations
- An understanding of why solving climate change is an urgent and critical challenge
- Compensation: Competitive package including salary, benefits, and equity
- Ideal start date: April – June 2022
- Location: San Carlos, CA (Swift Solar HQ), part-time remote OK
What you’ll love about Swift
- Culture: We live by our values. You’ll feel right at home if you want to serve the future, get better every day, respect your colleagues, and have fun.
- Health benefits: We cover most medical, dental, and vision insurance costs.
- Your future, supported: We match your 401(k) retirement contributions.
- Clean commuter benefits: We’re all about clean energy. We make it easy and cheap to ride your bike or take public transit to work.
- Growth mindset: You’ll grow your skills, your network, and your perspective at Swift. We’ll support you in attending conferences and taking online courses—we know that a stronger you makes us a stronger team.
Apply for this job here
Swift is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive work environment and welcome team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Even if this isn’t the right job for you, we’re always looking for good people. Please check out other career opportunities on our website and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. And if you have a friend who would be a perfect fit, send them this link. Thanks!